02 June 2013

Back in the Boondocks!

I am back in the Maritimes! Miami, bless her Gloria Estefan heart, just didn't work out. I came back to New Brunswick on a frigid day in February to -39 C temps and cyclone level winds. Still, I wasn't too concerned. After a few weeks, it was like I never left (not entirely a good thing). I still had a bit of a tan - but was $2,000 dollars poorer, and really didn't have much to show for the 5 or so months I was in North Miami Beach. I have started going on some trips again with my trusty sidekick, the Frenchman. We stayed in Charlottetown, and did a bit of driving around to Bonshaw and Victoria (very pretty - plan on going back after the leaves are out). It has been re-branded Victoria-by-the-Sea and it is a postcard perfect little village. As of the 2006 census, it had a population of 77. Below is the Confederation Bridge on the way over by bus. A little soggy, eh?!














1 comment:

  1. Love it! PEI is certainly beautiful. ;-)

    ReplyDelete