21 August 2013

Poutine Râpée, Fricot and Gagnon Beach

August brings a lot of Acadian festivities to New Brunswick, and not ones to be left behind in the food department, Frenchie and I decided to grab some Acadian food in Shediac on our way to gorgeous Gagnon Beach in Grand Barachois. The crabby, blond lady with the bobbed haircut, who was serving our food, was very snarky towards us (I have my suspicions as to why) ... but anyways the food was good. We ordered Fricot as well (uh ...and it was gone before Frenchie had a chance to ask for some ... oops). Personally, I like the Poutine Rapee in Buctouche better, but it was still good. Unfortunately, neither brown sugar nor maple syrup was packed with the food, so we stopped at a local store in Barachois where Frenchie found an huge bottle of combined 1/2 brown sugar and 1/2 maple syrup ... obviously made specifically for such things as Poutine Rapee. But omg! Can you say sweet? It could rot the teeth off a camel !!












1 comment:

  1. Just watched comedian Jim Gaffigan's newest special "The Pale Tourist" and he mentioned poutine taper. Now after looking it up, this stuff looks IDENTICAL to a Swedish dish my grandma used to make called pult. My dad, brothers, and my husband love the stuff and especially the next day when you slice it, fry it in butter & pour syrup all over it.

    ReplyDelete