28 December 2010

Happy Ho Ho

Christmas Day 2010. So pretty at 7:30 am. On my way to work.

Gift from Lori. My first present in years :)

Can you see the one-eyed Santa in the tree? He stared at me all night!

Lights on a large house along the river in Ste-Marie de Kent

Centennial Park. Moncton. Christmas Day. Walking to work.
Christmas 2010 was not white, but it was fabulous. Leading up to December 25, I went out on one last date with the French Kid (one last because he is now chasing around the local hair dresser in his home town, Ste-Louis de Kent). On December 17th, we drove to Ste-Marie de Kent (a town I love) to eat at Barbara's Grill. It was amazing. It's a big ol' barn converted to restaurant and was surprising good. We sat in front of the Christmas tree and argued about why he did not know what the word "arrogant" meant in French (our waitress who was bilingual did not know either); I am sure you can guess who I was suggesting may be a tad arrogant. On the drive back to Moncton, we went to look at Christmas lights on rich people's house ... they were pretty extensive in that every token Christmas element was on the front lawn. It all would have looked so much better in the snow. But, then again, I am used to Christmas decorations with green lawns from living in Seattle. I worked over Christmas, but was invited to my good friend's in-law's house for Christmas dinner - boy, that was mouthful. I started off at my friends house looking at the gifts she and her husband had gotten for each other and drinking eggnog and rum. We then left for the short drive to Riverview. Dinner was fabulous and I had a great time laughing over the dessert's that were in the shape of balls, among other things. We laughed like a bunch of middle-schoolers. There was a tree, I got a 2 gifts (that never happens and as a result I have a gift getting phobia), but suffered through the extensive ribbons and tape, I took a million photos, and a video that Lori's father-in-law was singing and playing on the guitar. We also got to listen to a live version of "Here Comes Santa Claus."

No comments:

Post a Comment