23 December 2010

Read Me !!

Two weeks ago I was walking home from work and decided to take a path through the absolutely gorgeous Victoria Park. It's tiny, but surrounded by old Victorian homes donned in Christmas lighting. There was a light snow blanketing all the benches. When I reached the end I saw something sitting on one of the benches partially covered in snowflakes ... it was a book that someone had left on the bench protected with a zip lock bag with a small sticky note on the front that said, "Read It." I couldn't believe it! As someone who regularly threw bottles with notes into the ocean as a kid (I did get one response from Maine!), I have always wanted to find a random book with a note on it!! I kid you not. Weirdly, though, it is some romance novel that is called "Possession." According to the front, it was a NY Times best seller. For now it sits in the same zip lock bag up in my attic. I will break it out some day ...

No comments:

Post a Comment